Tips for Beautiful Autumn or Winter Photos
There is a special kind of magic that comes with an outdoor, winter photos session. If you’re fortunate enough to live in any of the snow areas of Australia there is nothing like gently falling snow and icicles hanging from branches to create a lovely backdrop for any photo session. Here are some tips to make your winter or autumn photo sessions go smoothly.
- Dress warmly. You will be surprised at how often this is overlooked. Since you’ll be standing outside for a long period of time, short sleeves, thin fabrics, and open toe shoes will not be comfortable for very long. Shivering makes it hard to look happy and pose properly.
- Wear sunscreen. Protecting your skin should be a priority throughout the year, not just in summer. Use a good moisturiser to protect your skin from chilly winds.
- Watch the weather. Warmer days may seem more pleasant but melting snow can change the entire look of your backdrop. If you are looking for light snow flurries, try and keep an eye on the weather forecast to make sure that you don’t end up with melting or heavy snow.
- Be flexible. If the weather isn’t exactly what you had hoped for, see if you can still make the photo session work. If you are however scheduling this session in advance, you may just have to work with the weather on that particular day.
- Incorporate colour. Even though autumn and winter have some amazing colours to work with, why not wear a splash of colour to really stand out in your photos? For example, vibrant shades of blues and greens look amazing amongst crunchy brown leaves.
Plan your day. Taking your photos just after the sun rises or just before it sets will provide you with amazing lighting so try and plan your session around those times.
Take some hot tea or coffee along to make your photo session even more enjoyable and get ready for some beautiful results.